This position assists the Buying Group with administrative tasks and provides support to the buying function. Responsibilities include creating purchase orders, tracing late orders, loading of costing and promotions, seasonal product merchandising support, monitoring of ad performance and any other special projects as assigned by the buying staff. The Assistant Buyer also works closely with the buying team in the execution of product selection, assortment planning, promotional planning, vendor communication, inventory productivity management, and marketing of specific lines/categories to improve profitability.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates purchase orders
- Facilitates communication of promotional plans within the Buying Department
- Works as a liaison between Promotional Buyers, Buying Department and Store Managers
- Ensures timely delivery of products
- Works with the Promotional Buyers and Buyers to maintain adequate inventory of assigned lines
- Assists the Promotional Buyers with Ad Planning and communication
- Cultivates effective relationships with vendors and brokers
- Maintains assigned SKU integrity maintenance in system.
- Analyzes and monitors reports, trends and economic conditions to anticipate customer demand
- Investigates alternative distribution and cost options to achieve further savings.
- Uses various communication skills to keep key internal teams informed of promotional plans, cost advantages, product availability, market trends and vendor and item changes.
- Coordinates with the Buying Team and Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper product flow through the facility in a timely manner.
- Maintains all necessary department files and records.
- Provides vacation coverage for the department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Retail grocery and/or buying experience.
- Exhibiting strong ability to analyze data, make judgments and develop reports.
- Highly skilled in administrative functions; quick and accurate with alpha and numeric data, attentive to details and effectively monitor progress towards completion of tasks
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) software.
- Provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment.
- Be extremely self-motivated, take initiative and drive results.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees and outside contacts, user groups and vendors.
- Write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Perishable Departments.
- Respectfully challenge standard practices to identify improved practices and processes.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- Experience in retail grocery perishable department such as bakery, deli, meat or grocery.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
650 N. Armstrong Place
Post End Date
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.