Maintain a safe and clean store facility environment. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment throughout the store for customers and employees performing cleaning tasks regularly and on an as needed basis.
- Maintains safe spill free floors (sales floor, backroom, restrooms, office, breakroom, etc.) by sweeping and mopping.
- Maintains sweep logs.
- Empties trash cans and trash bins throughout the interior and the exterior of store property.
- Maintains office and employee breakroom areas.
- Wipe down all walls and appliances (pop machines, vending machines, ATM, cases, rails, etc.)
- Cleans and sanitizes all restroom floors, fixtures, appliances, etc.
- Clean cases and glass doors throughout the store.
- Maintains can return machines and area. (Wipe down machines, empty bins, etc.)
- Dusts and vacuum store facilities.
- Assists with replacement of lamps in light fixtures.
- Clean and scrub the backrooms.
- Cooperates in a kind and courteous manner with customers.
- May assist in rounding up and bringing in shopping carts from parking lot as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours typically between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Perform moderate lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
- Crawl, bend, stoop, climb, balance, reach, walk, push, pull, maneuver in tight quarters, climb on ladders and scaffolding, etc.
- Use all types of approved chemicals and solvents.
- Work outside in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions (rain, snow and sleet).
- Respond quickly to audible pages for spill clean up, customer service, accidents and emergencies, etc.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers and fellow employees.
- Learn safety and departmental policies and procedures.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Automatic floor scrubbing machine.
- Electric shopping cart caddy.
- Various hand tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.