Ensure meat is wrapped, weighed, and priced properly. Operate wrapping machine. Provide customer service and ensures product quality and selection. Maintain cleanliness of department and equipment. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Perform other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
- Answers questions from customers.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Weighs, trays, grinds, wraps, and prices poultry and meat.
- Prevents sale of spoiled and outdated product by following laws and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating, processing re-worked or reduced-to-clear items, etc.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and legal regulations.
- Stocks and rotates product.
- Consolidates racks by moving trays from one rack to another.
- Cleans mirrors, glass etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to 11:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful interactions and maintain composure in dealing with customer and coworkers.
- Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Properly handle related food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Read and follow written work assignments and instructions.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) when working on the sales floor.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 25 lbs. frequently and 30 - 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Perform repetitious arm movements required to wrap, slice and process products.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform safe, quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Work with hands exposed to moisture while handling and stocking poultry and meat.
- Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and dept. policies.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Scales, wrapping machines, slicers, cubers, pallet jacks, bailer, and hand trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.