Sets-up and maintains the condition of the department according to company standards including bulk food bins and machines (e.g., honey, peanut butter, etc.). Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Ensure product quality and selection. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Breaks down freight by moving product, placing it in inventory, operating fork lift, etc.
- Places product in barrels and dispensers by getting the product, moving it by cart, opening the box with a cutter, putting product in the correct location, etc.
- Oversees the coffee area by grinding, making coffee, stocking, etc.
- Maintains various machines (e.g., honey, peanut butter) by loading related machine with product, cleaning machine and area, maintaining supply of containers, etc.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs customer service duties (e.g., helping customers find product, etc.) and engages in suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, and selling floor.
- Cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out trash and garbage, etc.
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers to receive orders, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow guides, recipes and product labels.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 20-30 lbs. frequently, and 30-50 lbs. occasionally within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull handtrucks, carts and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, climb ladders, turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand /eye coordination.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through oral and written communication.
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales, trash compactors, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift, card board bailer and ladder.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.