Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery goods. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets standards. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Produce bakery products for retail stores.
- Operate and clean equipment and work area. Maintains clean, safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
- Package all fresh products following all packaging /handling procedures.
- Ensure quality of goods by following code.
- Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar, shortening, and flour.
- Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage containers.
- Sets-up cakes by taking liner off, putting icing between layers of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Ices cakes by taking icing out of the container, combining the icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
- Packages cakes by placing in box.
- Labels bakery items by inputting data into DiGi machine for scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
- Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing manner and using FIFO for rotation.
- Takes orders by phone and in person from customers. Special orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush machine, tubes, tips, etc.
- Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the customer.
- Faces merchandise.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
- Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures. Follows company guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock, cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
- Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing, ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise, etc.
- Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store bakery products.
- Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping manager informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and production sheets as scheduled.
- Produce breads/rolls by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product, measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and pulling racks.
- Clean work area using pressure hose, floor brush, squeegee, wiping off all work tables, scales utensils.
- Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
- Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Ovens, proof box, mixers, bread sheeter, flour dump bins, floor scrubber, dishwasher, rack washer, pallet jack, microwave,20pt divider,36pt divider, donut filler unit, airbrush ,date gun, scan gun, and DIGI printer, label machine and ink jet printer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.