This position is accountable for assuring accuracy of the store price scanning system as well as gathering and reporting competitive pricing. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains store pricing accuracy through continuous monitoring of pricing system. Verifies information with use of provided equipment makes necessary changes to file system through data entry, changes and/or replaces shelf tags, notifies retail pricing personnel with discrepancies, updates status of items as changes occur and general “trouble shooting”.
- Verifies and maintains accuracy of in store coupon discounts and specials.
- Researches and resolves pricing and information discrepancies.
- Performs "comp checks" by going to competitor stores and checking prices of other stores; enters data, writes data, reads reports, transmits data by computer, etc.
- Makes signs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Operating a handheld device, performing 10 key by touch, and using computer terminals.
- Performing organizational skills.
- Demonstrating excellent verbal inter-personal communication skills to establish and maintain a good rapport with co-workers, Supervisors, store personnel, vendors and other customers.
- Using sound judgment and mental alertness to make and be accountable for decisions.
- Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate vendor direct store delivery (DSD) deals.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 2:00 am to 4:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Prioritize, delegate, direct and organize tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) with customers and provide customer service while on the floor.
- Perform all tasks with integrity and extreme confidentiality.
- Reach, climb, balance, stoop and bend for the placement, removal and adjustment of tags and signs.
- Visually read reports, computer screen, etc.
- Remember various codes and understand/perform duties related to the scanning system.
- Climb stairs.
- Lift 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Office machines (e.g., copy machine, keyboard, computer terminal, telephone, computer printer, sign printer, Handheld Scanning Device, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.