Maintains the cleanliness level needed to provide a safe, clean working environment at the Distribution Center on a consistent basis.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and empties large trash containers and cans placed throughout warehouse daily; ensures trash was sorted and separated based on container designation (such as cardboard and plastic) and is properly disposed of based on type and recyclables. Cleans and replaces containers daily.
- Mops and cleans-up spills from damaged product such as broken bottles or seals from bleach, syrup, vegetable oil, etc. Ensures safety guidelines are followed in regards to disposal of spilled product, (i.e. no mixing of spilled bleach with ammonia, etc.). Monitors and replaces mop buckets at the ends of aisles, ensuring clean, fresh water, as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping functions including removal of plastic, string, sticks, cardboard, etc. from aisles, ground level product slots, dock and battery storage areas, ensuring clear and safe paths for power equipment and employees.
- Gathers and loads broken pallets and bins with plastic for recycling on designated trailers for processing at the Reclamation Center
- Refills propane tanks, replaces burned out dock lights, restocks wrappers with shrink wrap, replaces blades in string cutters, etc. as needed.
- Unload WinCo plastic pallet trailers. Fill and maintain marked plastic pallet slots.
- Cleans-up spilled product (i.e. rice, flour, dog food, etc.) in the bulk food and non-boxed product sections. Conducts daily routine spot-checks for pest invasion. Monitors and replaces rodent traps. Communicates issues to supervisors.
- Maintains water drains in high humidity product storage rooms and sanitation areas; communicates drainage issues to facility maintenance. Scrapes and removes ice build-up on doors, floors, ceilings or walls within the freezer. Eliminates possible slip hazards.
- Removes damaged or contaminated product that has been placed in designated plastic bins by warehousemen in a timely manner. Loads product on trailers and sends to the Reclamation Center for processing. Sanitizes and/or replaces the plastic bins, as needed. Identifies unnecessary and/or excessive disposals of product, communicating issues to supervisors.
- Retrieves case product from reserve slots/racking up to 32 feet high utilizing a man-up forklift, including cases that have fallen from pallets, are unsafe to move by forklift or are damaged. Adheres to safe operating standards as outlined in certification process for the man-up forklift.
- Sweeps and scrubs concrete floors of debris, dust and spills utilizing a power operated sweeper/scrubber. Picks-up surpluses of standing water due to movement of frozen and/or ice-packed product in perishable areas. Adheres to safe operating standards as outlined in certification process of sweeper/scrubber.
- Performs the deep-cleaning process of ground level storage slots, including the removal of product and debris from slots and the scrubbing/sanitation of surrounding areas on an as needed basis. Ensures slots are sanitized and free of possible contamination, maintaining food storage safety.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed, complying with OSHA standards. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Completes assignments as outlined on daily task sheets, remaining focused and on task throughout the shift and ensuring cleanliness standards are being met.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work in an environment which includes concrete floors and temperatures ranging -12 degrees F in the freezer to 34 degrees and high humidity in chilled areas, to ambient non-air conditioned warehouse areas.
- Work various shifts and days in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multitasking), effectively managing time to ensure deadlines are met.
- Operate specialized equipment such as rack retrieval, man-up forklift, propane refueling, boom and scissor lifts, pressure washers, etc., safely and efficiently. Meet certification requirements for powered industrial equipment.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly throughout a shift.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Reach, lift, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. frequently and 80-100 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Learn and memorize warehouse physical layout and operating procedures.
- Communicate utilizing comprehensive verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Exhibit manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination, and depth perception.
- Conduct visual inspections, read labels, printouts, computer screens, etc.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Perform primary duties safely with efficiency and accuracy.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Forklift, Powered Pallet Jack, Man-up Forklift, Sweeper/Scrubber, propane refueling tank, boom and scissor lifts, pressure washers.
- Hand held radio frequency computer devices.
- Office machines (computer terminal, copier/scanner, 10-key, fax machine, telephone, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.