Responsible for the coordination of and provides supervision support of activities to employees engaged in receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, shipping, and maintaining product in warehouse. Perform shift specific tasks and work flow impacting the timely distribution of inbound/outbound product while meeting the day-to-day business needs of our stores.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the set-up and execution of labor needed to accomplish shift operations. Determine and assign job responsibilities based on employee’s seniority and job qualifications while providing employees the ability to meet company productivity standards. Coordinate the reassignment of job responsibilities, scheduling of overtime hours, and address productivity issues as they arise.
- Monitor the receiving and unloading process for inbound shipments. Provide assistance to ensure procedures are followed such as product is correct by count and item code; ensure checks for damage, infestation, shelf life and temperature are completed upon receipt. Review the labeling, putting away of product and documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Communicate any issues.
- Review the loading of product. Ensure loads consistently meet established guidelines such as delivery sequence, weight distribution on axle groups and product integrity.
- Monitor the stacking of product and the order selecting process daily, identify and address issues affecting pallet height, product combinations, order breaks and ability to meet company productivity standards. Review staged outbound shipments for stability, labeling, etc.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in leading, coaching and developing employees. Requires consistency and follow-through of performance and employee related issues. Document substandard performance and communicate all issues to supervisor for corrective action.
- Perform tours of the warehouse as needed; identify and address issues, be readily available to employees
- Interpret and apply the terms of collective bargaining agreements, company working conditions and wage agreements and company personnel policies as the established guidelines to be adhered to and followed by all employees and appropriately apply to the daily operation of the warehouse.
- Assist with the administration of records and reports regarding warehouse activities are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained. Calculate and input operational data such as labor hours and job codes to summarize productivity and payroll.
- Provide support to ensure compliance of safety standards are maintained and adhered to consistently. Assist with keeping warehouse neat and well organized; apply company safety policies such as “clean as you go”. Report and/or address potential safety hazards quickly. Possess an understanding of ammonia and fire systems; assist with coordination of emergency evacuations.
- Investigate all reported employee injuries and reported collisions or incidents as needed; identify causes and determine preventative measures that could be taken, communicate findings to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrating skills in leadership, organization and communication.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail in order to effectively monitor progress and complete assignments.
- Demonstrating knowledge of host, PC and internet-based software applications including Microsoft Office software; (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Utilizing strong proficiency with numerical data and calculations.
- Apply working knowledge of material handling principals, practices and standards of warehousing.
- Apply working knowledge of employment law and employee relations to workplace situations including discipline and attendance.
- Utilize excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, self direction, and possess excellent time management skills.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and develop a strong rapport with others.
- Utilize strong proficiency with numerical data and calculations.
- Perform all tasks with integrity.
- Confidently and effectively handle confrontations with difficult individuals.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, customers and others.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Understand and accurately apply collective bargaining agreements, company working condition and wage agreements and union contracts with employees and daily operation appropriately.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Computer keyboard, mouse, office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, scanner, etc.) and other devices.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- College degree or substantial responsible experience—minimum one (1) year in Warehouse Distribution preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.