Scans and verifies the count of inventory coming into and out of the store. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Establishes and maintains strong professional relationships with DSD vendors.
- Verifies cost and quantities of delivered product.
- Updates data base by changing prices on promotional items, incorrect prices, communicating information to the Pricing Clerk, interfacing by computer with General Offices, writing checks, and stapling information.
- Maintains and files Direct Store Deliveries (DSD) by inputting information into the computer, attaching data to invoices, and filing information.
- Transmits data for payment to General Office by inputting related information into the computer, printing, and sending information.
- Writes and sends orders (e.g., ice cream, eggs, milk, etc.) by estimating what is needed based on past experience.
- Delivers invoices to appropriate departments.
- Unloads product by operating a fork lift.
- Moves product with a pallet jack.
- Maintains a clean work area by sweeping, picking up pallets, stacking items with a fork lift, etc.
- Performs checks as needed.
- Schedule delivery times for direct trucks.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Performing 10 key and type on a keyboard with manual dexterity.
- Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and compute weights and measures.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
Work varied hours primarily between 4:00 am and 2:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.Communicate (hearing and speech) with individuals within the store and outside vendors.
- Exhibit integrity in dealings with vendors and their product.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Conduct visual inspections, read product labels, reports, place product in correct location, etc.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity (e.g., processing of paperwork, filing, stapling, collating, sorting, etc.).
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Operate fork lift and pallet jack.
- Push and pull racks and a pallet jack.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Fork lift and pallet jack.
- Office machines (e.g., copy machine, symbol, computer terminal, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required may vary.