Gathers carts from the parking lot. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Gathers carts manually and by using a remote controlled cart pusher, guiding carts, assembling carts, gathering stray carts, etc.
- Picks up litter from the grounds, planters and the cart room.
- Gathers stray carts in the store.
- Empty recycle machine containers into proper bins (glass, aluminum, plastic).
- Maneuver/stack bins for pick-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Walk, push, pull, and maneuver grocery carts up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Reach in front and bend to pick up items at ground level.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Work out of doors in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions.
- Exhibit mental awareness of what is going around them for safety in the parking lot.
- See carts needing to be gathered.
- Exhibit customer relation skills.
- Learn safety and department policies & procedures.
- Hear audible requests (i.e., pages, customers asking questions).
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. often from floor to 6 ft. high.
- Ability to maneuver up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Wear reflective vest while outside.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Cart Mover and associated remote control system.
- Manual Pallet Jack.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.