Responsible for overall Loss Prevention activities related to the prevention, apprehension and prosecution of shoplifters. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Assist company Loss Prevention staff conducting various investigations. Assist store management with security and safety issues. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Detects, apprehends and prosecutes shoplifters.
- Prepares and submits reports involving investigations and Loss Prevention (LP) matters.
- Researches and archives general liability incidents via C.C.T.V.
- Participates in internal company investigations.
- Testifies at legal and court proceedings on behalf of the company.
- Works with local, state and government agencies regarding company matters.
- Participates in maintenance of loss prevention and safety programs.
- Conducts loss prevention audits.
- Detects, investigates and reports hazardous workplace incidents and issues.
- Provides store support by promoting loss prevention and safety awareness.
- Provides LP training to store staff.
- Identifies and troubleshoots C.C.T.V. equipment.
- Collaborates with loss prevention Field Technicians regarding C.C.T.V. equipment.
- Maintains loss prevention office and equipment to established standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Recognizing the required criteria to determine what constitutes shoplifting.
- Demonstrating good judgment when responding to difficult situations or individuals.
- Providing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills in a work setting.
- Documenting work and customer service activities.
- Applying strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
- Working effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work 10-12 hour shifts, with open availability in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Develop proficiency with WinCo’s C.C.T.V. equipment, locks and door hardware.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- Obtain State or Local certifications as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Travel daily within a defined geographic area to assigned locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Office machines (computer terminal, copier/ scanner, 10-key, fax machine, telephone etc.).
- C.C.T.V., DVR and digital camera equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.