Accurately selects product and prepares store orders for shipment. Operates powered industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks orders by selecting items from the warehouse according to a pick list created from store orders.
- Ensures all orders filled are complete and correct.
- Checks inventory information in the computer system.
- Places items on a pallet ensuring product integrity, stability and safety.
- Stages completed pallets at assigned dock doors for shipment.
- Meets established company standards on a daily basis including productivity, safety, sanitation, etc.
- Ensures that all safety procedures and policies are followed; comply with OSHA standards. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Quickly and accurately performing basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the aid of a calculator; visualize and calculate quantities in three dimensional stacked arrangements (tie and tier); calculate proper distribution of weights and volumes within a trailer while loading.
- Work in environments which include concrete floors and a variety of temperatures ranging -12° F in the freezer to 34°F and high humidity in chilled areas, to ambient non-air conditioned warehouse areas.
- Work various shifts and days in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to effectively manage time.
- Obtain necessary licensing / certification to safely and efficiently operate required equipment including powered industrial forklifts, powered pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines and radio frequency computer terminals.
- Learn and memorize warehouse physical layout and operating procedures.
- Communicate utilizing comprehensive verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Exhibit manual dexterity, hand/eye coordination, and depth perception.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly throughout a shift.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. frequently and 80-100 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Perform primary duties safely with efficiency and accuracy.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Forklift, Powered Pallet Jack, Hand held radio frequency computer devices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.