Provide customer service by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and ensures safe and secure work area.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 4:00 am to 1:00 am in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills.
- Complete written forms.
- Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc.
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
- Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures and company policies.
- Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves.
- Use blades for box cutting.
- Work in a cooler and freezer.
- Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes, glass cleaner, etc.).
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Fork lift, electric and manual pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Box knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.