Monitors and documents entry and exit to and from the grounds to ensure entrance only by approved individuals. Monitors and checks in common carriers, outside contractors, etc. requesting entrance to the premises. Reports suspicious activities to management if necessary. Perform related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and check in and out common carriers; acquire order number from bill of lading, verify truck name and number, communicate dock door assignment to driver.
- Monitor and record outside contractors entering and exiting the premises, verify authorization list, communicate presence to facility maintenance.
- Input order numbers into scheduling system to obtain a dock door assignment. Work closely with the coordinators from grocery and perishable in regards to schedule issues, unassigned arrivals of freight, etc.
- Monitor all gate activity at the guard shack, identify suspicious activity. Communicate circumstances to management, if necessary.
- Secure incoming/outgoing traffic in cases of emergency such as fire, direct emergency vehicles to identified area of emergency, if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work various shifts and days in a 24/7 operation; including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be self-directed, dependable, demonstrate initiative and possess excellent time management skills.
- Apply working knowledge of loss prevention to workplace situations.
- Communicate utilizing comprehensive verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Field and prioritize different tasks, phone calls and projects, accepting direction from others.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
- Perform primary duties safely with efficiency and accuracy.
- Valid Class C driver’s license (non-Commercial).
- Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Computer keyboard, mouse, Citizens Band radio, security camera system, office equipment (telephone, fax, etc.), and other devices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.