Inspects dated items, maintains rotates and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs. Generally shifts begin at 8pm.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the quality condition of dated items.
- Completes the Scanned Item Rotation Report at the beginning of each shift and flags items pending rotation within allowable rotation time standards.
- Pulls product prior to expiration and rotates daily per guidelines using the Quality Assurance Display.
- Maintains Quality Assurance database daily including addition of new or untracked items once the database for the store has been established using the Scanned Item Exception Report.
- Scans out Quality Assurance pulled stale/damaged product at the backroom scanner.
- Periodically inspects vendor items reporting short dated issues to the Receiver and Assistant Manager.
- Periodically inspects outer department rotation.
- Periodically inspects LRQT (Large Quantity Items) rotation.
- Audits flagged items thrown by freight crew reporting findings to the Assistant Manager.
- Reports repeated rotation issues to the Assistant Manager and appropriate Department Manager.
- Reports ongoing rotation issues to the Store Manager.
- Notifies store management of large quantities of product pending expiration within two weeks (sooner for refrigerated LRQT) so management can determine whether the product will be marked down.
- Assists customers with questions; performs training duties.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- Reports short dated product shipping from the warehouse to appropriate Warehouse Inventory Supervisor including order number and UPC number.
- Occasionally transmits data to General Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead occasionally.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Learn and memorize location of products, company policies, and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination to rotate product.
- Conduct visual inspection of merchandise being placed on shelves.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) to provide customer service during shift.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Meet or exceed established scanned item rotation report time standards.
- Work nights, generally beginning at 8:00 pm.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Pallet jack
- Hand truck
- Garbage and cardboard compactor
- Electronic fork lift
- Scanner and AS-400
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.