Responsible for all tax matters impacting the operations. Leads the tax department and is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, reporting, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. Works with businesses, service providers, and collaborates with the growing business infrastructure. Work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Perform other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer. Provide exceptional customer service with users by telephone, email, and in person.
- Oversee preparation and timely submission of income, property, sales/use, movement and other related tax and business filings.
- Oversee and mentor department staff.
- Manage audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Oversee tax related accounting and prepare tax forecasts and related documentation and support.
- Prepare income tax provision and accounting requirements under US GAAP.
- Oversee tax treatment of pass-through entities and complex partnership capital allocations.
- Oversee accounting and communications for investor interests.
- Develop and execute periodic reporting for senior management and board members.
- Research, evaluate and document tax implications of related business transactions.
- Monitor and ensure tax related financial reporting controls are effective.
- Provide audit documentation to external audit teams and manage external advisors, projects and fees.
- Manage tax credit opportunities for R&D, enterprise zone, etc.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of computer and manual process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline tax operations.
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of tax compliance experience and tax provision preparation.
- Effectively managing time and prioritizing a multitude of concurrent projects, phone calls and tasks, while ensuring deadlines are being met.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills with close attention to detail in order to effectively monitor progress and complete assignments.
- Applying research skills and knowledge of policy for federal tax purposes.
- Utilizing excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills to establish and maintain a good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, executive leadership, store personnel and vendors.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a respectful, positive attitude that engenders trust at all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team member or lead.
- Exercise a strong attention to detail and sense of ownership.
- Have a fixable mindset and embrace change.
- Be self-directed and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Office machines (e.g., copy machine, computer terminal, telephone, fax, etc) and other devices.
- CPA license
- Advanced Degree in Tax Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with retail/wholesale operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.