Create, review and manage new and existing food product labels, develop nutritional fact panels for products, develop ingredient statements and ensure products meet appropriate FDA/USDA labeling guidelines, review and request product specifications from suppliers, and manage due diligence documentation from approved suppliers. Support Operations, Sales, Procurement and Marketing teams on regulatory and compliance related labeling issues. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Perform other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer. Provide exceptional customer service with users by telephone, email, and in person.
Operate supplier approval compliance program using TraceGains and other programs.
Develop and review ingredient and nutritional information for store products including costing information.
Manage product standard of identity and nutritional claim compliance, FDA/USDA labeling compliance.
Create and maintain the label database, including supportive technical documentation.
Conduct computer generated nutritional analysis using Genesis.
Generate regulatory compliant labels for printing including standard of identity, net weights, allergen information, ingredient and nutritional information and handling/storage requirements.
Ensure nutrition and labeling information is updated and accurate.
Implement and communicate revisions to recipes and labels with all appropriate personnel.
Ensure compliance with unique ingredient requirements.
Answer technical nutrition and labeling questions for sales, operations, procurement and customers.
Complete audits of store labeling procedures and practices to ensure label compliance for company.
Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, Food Technology, Food Science OR equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- At least one (1) year creating product labels in compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines.
- Utilizing good trouble-shooting skills.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction, effectively managing time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Prioritizing and executing a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking) in a high-pressure environment.
- Working effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrating excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Establishing and maintain good working relationships with functional areas across the organization and with outside suppliers.
- Demonstrating adaptability and flexibility when confronted with challenging situations or obstacles; comfortable with change and ambiguity; practicing constructive criticism and dealing well with difficult co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrating effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Conduct computer generated nutritional analysis using Genesis.
- Generate regulatory compliant labels for printing including standard of identity, net weights, allergen information, ingredient and nutritional information and handling/storage requirements.
- Organize and prioritize assigned tasks to meet established schedules, timeliness, and/or deadlines.
- Quickly identify problem areas or situations, evaluate problem causes and take appropriate action to resolve problems identified.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Continuously learn and improve skills; resilient, receptive and responsive to performance feedback.
- Travel on an as needed basis, up to 25 % of time.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Work varied shifts when traveling as required.
- Perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Computer, keyboard, mouse, office equipment (telephone, fax, etc.) and other devices.
- Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- Genesis and label printing software knowledge.
- TraceGains knowledge and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.